Thursday, December 11, 2014

What if someone gets injured at my house this holiday season?

Denver home insurance questions answered

If someone is injured at your house, there are two coverages that potentially come in to play: medical payments and personal liability. Medical payments will pay up to the policy limits (typically $5k) for anyone injured on your property, no questions asked. If treatment for the injury is greater than $5k, then your personal liability coverage comes into play. However, negligence by the policyholder must be proven in order for this coverage to pay out. Be safe this holiday season!